Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Post Mortem Post

 Did the title get you interested? :D

Well basically I just wanted to use two different definitions of "post" simultaneously xD.  I have decided iit's time to rise from the ashes of my blog"s" and revive them. So without any real theme or sense of construction here goes my first post-mortem post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject 1 : AMV Art
Subject 2: Florence and the Machine
Subject 3: when music "looks" better than it sounds.
Subject 4 : Puella Magi Madoka Magica 

   AMV stands for anime music video. Fans of anime often spend some time and energy to create a music video using clips from their favorite animes. Some of these are very good and there are AMV contests in existence.

 Occasionally I stumble across AMV's featuring songs that just fit perfectly for the anime. Though I may not really enjoy the song when just listening to it due to maybe a lack of mental imagery, the AMV provides with me a "look" into the song that can change my opinion of the song. Art is communication and thanks to the occasional AMV i can find myself in communication with a piece of music that may have not touched me before.
 
  Florence and the machine is an UK band that has never really appealed to me. Why? Well they just don't communicate to me. You know like when somebody tries to say something pretentiously meaningful to you and you just stare at them blankly because you don't want to offend them by saying what you are thinking ....which is basically "you're crackers".

 But then i found this AMV which was brilliantly made and featuring one of the most epic anime ever produced and I was like...wow ..this fits perfect for the theme of this anime..and ..hey this isn't a bad song by that weirdo.

 The anime...Puella Magi Madoka Magica... ..So you want to be a magical girl?  Not your typical magical girl anime. it's dark, it's tragic, it's deep. it's somewhat psychedelic. It was a brilliant masterpiece of an anime that shocked me and brought tears and joy. Moving!

 And so music and anime clips brillianlty combined and we have this..in itself a masterpiece. Well done to the uploader . I wish I had the time to do stuff like this.



2 comments:

  1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the next anime in line I'm gonna watch, looks interesting and I hope I'll like it. :D

    ReplyDelete